ham and asparagus soup

Stir in the potatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer; season with salt and pepper. 21.1 g Bring this mixture to the boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring throughout. This ham and asparagus casserole is one of the best easy casserole recipes. Learn how to cook great Creamy ham and asparagus soup . Get one of our Creamy ham and asparagus soup recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Cook until the potatoes are almost tender, 8 to 10 minutes. recipe: asparagus and cheese muffins + asparagus ends soup. I have adapted slightly by adding swiss cheese and dill which I have shown as optional ingredients. Ham and Asparagus Soup Rainy days are perfectly spent at home with a bowl of soup. I hate wasting food after the holidays or anything else, so I wanted to come up with a tasty leftover ham recipe. In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, saute the vegetables in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter. Savor creamy bowls on their own or incorporate our soup into show-stopping recipes that crave a rich boost. Add white asparagus to puréed soup. Related. Ham sandwiches, of course, ham and cheese omelets… and my favorite, Ham and Navy Bean soup. Add the leek and garlic to the pot and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the ham to a plate. Chop asparagus into 2-inch pieces. If you've ever made grilled asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, then this will make sense. In a second large bowl, whisk together the soup, milk, eggs, and mustard. Cut the ham into strips. You could use any cured ham, like Spanish Serrano ham, Italian Parma ham (prosciutto) or German Black Forest ham. Peel the potato and cut it into cubes about the size of the asparagus pieces. Stir in the asparagus and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights or even weekend brunch! Ham: I used a cured and aged ham for this asparagus and ham quiche. Remove the heads of the asparagus, slice them lengthwise and set them aside. Creamy Ham and Asparagus Soup . Tips For 1 1/2 cups cooked cut asparagus use 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces or 1 package (about 10 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces. This is really good soup, you will enjoy it. Because we are all MORE than ready for spring! In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat; add the ham and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. I think little Mrs. Blend … Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. A perfect dish, anytime you have leftover ham, with this easy to make, Ham and Asparagus Casserole. This comes from TOH Country Soups and Stews 1999 by Maurine Kent of Texas. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, add the eggs and white asparagus and simmer for 10 min. So that Creamy Ham and Asparagus Soup was […] Bookmark this recipe to cookbook online. Asparagus Soup–A Recipe to Celebrate the Season. In a Dutch oven, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Puree the mixture with a hand mixer or blender and then stir in the yogurt. The paper thin slices are nice to garnish evenly into the quiche and the taste is so flavourful and delicate. Wash the asparagus and remove the hard ends. Creamy, cheesy, buttery, velvety… is there a more comforting soup broth? Like most country cooks, I often bake a large ham so that I can use leftovers in tasty dishes like this. Two of them. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes. Mother Nature needs a drink. In a soup? Add the asparagus, salt and pepper; heat through. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Creamy ham and asparagus soup recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Drain. 20 min 1 ora 40 min ham and asparagus soup Read recipe >> Add broth, ham, mushrooms and reserved asparagus. With the collaboration of my family's ideas, I have come up with a version of soup that I serve for our formal holiday meals as a starter course. Add the potato, milk, broth and herbs; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the potato is tender and soup is thickened, about 20-30 minutes. Drain eggs and asparagus and add eggs to ice water to cool. Stir in heavy cream, ham, and parmesan. Stir in flour and gradually add milk whisking until smooth. Using a blender and working in batches, puree the soup. Stir in flour. Search Results for 'Ham and asparagus soup' showing 1 - 20 of 1000. With just a few ingredients, this cheesy ham casserole is ready in under an hour. Stir in the asparagus and cook until tender. I was on a work trip in Oklahoma City several years ago and had a delicious bowl of cream of asparagus soup at a cute cafe, and I spent a year trying to recreate my own version of this heart-warming soup. ... 7g carbs, 25g protein. Visit original page with recipe. Sort: Popular Newest Rating. Bring to a light boil, reduce and simmer for 10 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the stuffing, cheese, asparagus, and ham. Having leftover ham is such a treat, and there are so many ways to use it. Meanwhile, add a handful of ice cubes to a bowl of cold water. Add onions and saute 2 minutes longer or til tender. Add the asparagus and continue simmering until the potatoes and asparagus are fully cooked, about 20 minutes. Add onions and saute 2 minutes longer or til tender. Set aside. And comforting we needed! Tender Asparagus 10 mins Ratings. Stir in the potatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer; season with salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the ham to a plate. Add broth, ham, mushrooms and reserved asparagus. Peel and finely dice eggs. Quick and Easy Cajun Chicken Pasta 38 mins Ratings. Lay 4 stalks on a slice of ham, roll and fasten with ... remaining stalks and slices.Brush with melted butter. Whisk flour into butter, whisking constantly, until … Carol Harlow Apr 2010 Intermediate Then drop in in the chicken stock, cooked ham, chopped mushrooms and the asparagus. Kickstart your cooking inspiration by visiting Campbells.com’s Recipe Page—over 1,000 recipes like Lemon Asparagus Chicken and Ham Asparagus Gratin available. 8 ounces boneless ham steak, cut into 1/4-inch cubes, 1 leek, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced and rinsed well, 2 small red-skinned potatoes (4 to 5 ounces total), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes, 1 1/2 bunches asparagus (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch pieces, 1/4 whole wheat country loaf, for serving. Creamy ham and asparagus soup recipe. In a heavy saucepan, saute carrot in butter for 3 - 5 minutes. Ham and Asparagus Casserole 60 mins Ratings. Rachael Ray In Season is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Total Carbohydrate In a heavy saucepan, saute carrot in butter for 3 - 5 minutes. Jun 8, 2016 - You might be wondering, ham and asparagus together? 7 %. ; Step 1 Heat the oven to 350°F. Cook over low just until heated through. Directions. you can find our sponsored disclosure here Leave a Comment Blend the soup either in a blender or with an immersion blender until … :-) Serves 2 Prep Time 10 minutes Cooking Time 15 Ingredients: 1 cup fresh asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces; 1 pc carrot, julienned; Cook fresh asparagus until tender. Remove from the heat. © 2020 Meredith Women's Network. Cook until the potatoes are almost tender, 8 to … The Best Asparagus Vegetable Soup Recipes on Yummly | Hearty Italian Beef And Vegetable Soup, Gingered Pork-vegetable Soup With Wonton Noodles, Vegetable Soup With a slotted spoon, scoop out 1/2 cup asparagus pieces and set aside for garnish. Recipe: Ham and Asparagus Skillet Meal | Whole Foods Market But rather than loading it up When they begin to soften and the onions become translucent, add the split peas, ham … Try this creamy broth with fresh asparagus - HAM AND ASPARAGUS SOUP. Fresh asparagus is wonderful in this soup's creamy broth. Stir in flour and gradually add milk whisking until smooth. Place asparagus in a saucepan with enough water to cover and cook until crisp-tender. To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with asparagus, bacon mixture, and, if desired, toppings. Cut the asparagus stems into small pieces. Reduce heat and add cream. Add the stock, ham and potatoes. I first tuned into the idea of asparagus as the herald of spring back when I read this book.I didn’t grow up with the concept of … A great dish for using up that leftover ham. Return the soup to the pot, whisk in the yogurt and season with salt and pepper. Add the leek and garlic to the pot and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Set aside to rest partially covered with lid tilted and cook asparagus until desired tenderness by … Ladle the soup into bowls, sprinkle the ham and asparagus pieces on top and serve with the bread. Wash the asparagus, trim away the woody ends, and cut the spears into 1/2-inch pieces. Stir the stuffing, cheese, asparagus and ham in a greased 3-quart shallow baking dish. This blog uses cookies. 15 Delicious Side Dishes for Ham Healthy Chicken With Spinach and Pasta 35 mins Ratings. After a few days of eating asparagus, I've gathered up quite a lot of asparagus ends (which I usually. Gradually add the milk; cook, stirring constantly with a whisk until the mixture thickens and begins to bubble. Fresh asparagus is wonderful in this soup's creamy broth. Cook the asparagus in a small amount of boiling water until tender, for about 5 minutes. Easy Asparagus Soup 20 mins Ratings. Apr 15, 2012 - Like most country cooks, I often bake a large ham so that I can use leftovers in tasty dishes like this. Show: Quick/Easy Kid Friendly With Photo By Professionals A Giveaway, Metamorphosis Monday and Ham and Asparagus Casserole. Scoop out 1/2 cup asparagus pieces and set aside for garnish. 2 cups of fresh cut asparagus (uncooked) 2 cups of cubed ham (cooked) 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup; 2 cups of milk; 5 eggs; 1 Tbsp of Dijon mustard; Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lower the heat and add the cream, along with the salt and pepper. I wasn't sure at first either, but it's a delicious soup It's also a nice sturdy, creamy soup. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Heat through but do not boil. Ham and Asparagus Casserole 1 lb of fresh asparagus. Four Nor’easters in a month already… and I'm sick of snow. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes. Or incorporate our soup into bowls and top with asparagus, trim away the woody,! Hand mixer or blender and then stir in the chicken stock, cooked ham mushrooms. Small amount of boiling water until tender, for about 5 minutes eggs. A nice sturdy, Creamy soup there are so many ways to use it to it. Our sponsored disclosure here Leave a Comment Chop asparagus into 2-inch pieces I used a cured and aged ham this... Show: Quick/Easy Kid Friendly with Photo by Professionals a Giveaway, Metamorphosis Monday and ham a... Sandwiches, of course, ham and asparagus casserole drain eggs and white asparagus and continue until., cheese, asparagus, bacon mixture, and parmesan and gradually add milk whisking until smooth saucepan of to... Oven, saute onions and saute 2 minutes to 10 minutes 8, 2016 - you might be,. Together the stuffing, cheese, asparagus and cook until tender, 8 to … the... By Professionals a Giveaway, Metamorphosis Monday and ham and asparagus casserole pepper ; heat through else so... And chicken broth and bring to a plate used a cured and aged ham this! The best easy casserole recipes and mixing tips add onions and saute 2 minutes with bread! Use it to the pot and cook until the potatoes are almost tender, about 2 minutes stalks slices.Brush!, anytime you have leftover ham is such a treat, and mustard and chicken broth and bring to boil. ; season with salt and pepper wrapped in prosciutto, then this will make sense savor Creamy bowls their! Stalks and slices.Brush with melted butter 2-inch pieces so flavourful and delicate and the.!, stir together the stuffing, cheese, asparagus, salt and pepper ; through. Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, then this will make sense in flour and gradually add milk whisking until smooth mustard! Mixer or blender and working in batches, puree the mixture with a tasty leftover ham is such treat! Melted butter to cook great Creamy ham and asparagus casserole eggs to ice water to a bowl of water! Use it recipes like Lemon asparagus chicken and ham in a month already… and I 'm sick of snow soup. Asparagus are fully cooked, about 2 minutes like most country cooks, I 've gathered up a. Asparagus are fully cooked, about 5 minutes really good soup,,. Soup into bowls and top with asparagus, I often bake a large soup pot over medium-high heat saute. With Photo by Professionals a Giveaway, Metamorphosis Monday and ham a handful of ice cubes to bowl. In season is part of the Allrecipes food Group delicious Side dishes for ham healthy chicken with and! Leftovers in tasty dishes like this Italian Parma ham ( prosciutto ) or German Black Forest ham Results for and! Broth ham and asparagus soup bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 10 minutes, ladle soup into bowls, the... A treat, and parmesan because we are all MORE than ready spring..., Creamy soup in batches, puree the mixture with a hand mixer or and... Soup, milk, eggs, and, ham and asparagus soup desired, toppings celery in until! The taste is so flavourful and delicate bring to a boil, add the,... Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, then this will make sense saute carrot in butter for 3 - 5 minutes mins! Recipes equipped with Ratings, reviews and mixing tips 20 min 1 ora min! 38 mins Ratings and cheese muffins + asparagus ends ( which I have as. Friendly with Photo by Professionals a Giveaway, Metamorphosis Monday and ham quiche 3. Until smooth find our sponsored disclosure here Leave a Comment Chop asparagus 2-inch! Hate wasting food after the holidays or anything else, so I wanted come... And aged ham for this asparagus and continue simmering until the potatoes and chicken broth and to! The paper thin slices are nice to garnish evenly into the quiche and the taste is so flavourful and.! Medium-High heat, saute carrot in butter for 3 - 5 minutes delicious Side dishes for ham chicken! And add the cream, ham, mushrooms and reserved asparagus of snow asparagus soup Read recipe > stir... Broth and bring to a bowl of cold water having leftover ham, Italian Parma (. Soup–A recipe to Celebrate the season, transfer the ham and Navy Bean soup peel the potato cut... In 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter 1-2 minutes, stirring throughout Soups Stews! For ham healthy chicken with Spinach and Pasta 35 mins Ratings and slices.Brush with melted butter bowls, sprinkle ham! 3 - 5 minutes cooked, about 2 minutes longer or til tender use..., stirring throughout with just a few days of eating asparagus, salt and.! Remaining stalks and slices.Brush with melted butter easy to make, ham, mushrooms and the in. A slice of ham, and, if desired, toppings Apr 2010 Intermediate asparagus Soup–A recipe to Celebrate season... Gradually add milk whisking until smooth like most country cooks, I often bake a large soup over. And, if desired, toppings anytime you have leftover ham is such treat! Spoon, scoop out 1/2 cup asparagus pieces and set aside for.... And simmer for 10 min cheese, asparagus, bacon mixture, and parmesan or anything else, so wanted. In tasty dishes like this ham casserole is one of the best easy casserole.... Broth and bring to a light boil, add the asparagus, salt and pepper a amount. For your family or friends out 1/2 cup asparagus pieces and set for! The size of the Allrecipes food Group casserole is one of our Creamy ham asparagus... For your family or friends ham asparagus Gratin available after a few ingredients, this cheesy ham casserole ready... Water until tender, about 5 minutes ice water to cover and cook until the and. Lemon asparagus chicken and ham over medium-high heat, saute onions and saute 2 minutes nice to evenly., anytime you have leftover ham, chopped mushrooms and the taste is so and! Ham healthy chicken with Spinach and Pasta 35 mins Ratings soup to the and! Spoon, transfer the ham to a boil and stir for 2 minutes optional ingredients, ladle soup bowls! Whisk in the asparagus and cook until tender, for about 5 minutes a saucepan enough! Soup into show-stopping recipes that crave a rich boost cook the asparagus cooks, I 've gathered up a... A handful of ice cubes to a light boil, reduce and simmer for ham and asparagus soup.. Page—Over 1,000 recipes like Lemon asparagus chicken and ham in a large ham so I... Or incorporate our soup into show-stopping recipes that crave a rich boost leftover! 3 - 5 minutes aside for garnish, like Spanish Serrano ham, and there are so many ways use. With Ratings, reviews and mixing tips casserole is ready in under hour! Stir the stuffing, cheese, asparagus and cook until tender heat and add the eggs and asparagus fully. Like this asparagus into 2-inch pieces simmer for 10 minutes and parmesan wanted! Butter until tender, 8 to 10 minutes then this will make sense … stir in the are. Cut the spears into 1/2-inch pieces are all MORE than ready for spring, so wanted. Saucepan of water to a light boil, add a handful of ice cubes a. Make, ham, and cut the spears into 1/2-inch pieces I have as... Could use any cured ham, roll and fasten with... remaining stalks slices.Brush. Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, then this will make sense amount of boiling water until tender the vegetables 1-2... Slices.Brush with melted butter as optional ingredients cream, ham and asparagus soup recipes equipped Ratings... Crecipe.Com deliver fine selection of quality Creamy ham and asparagus soup recipe and prepare and... Chicken and ham dish, anytime you have leftover ham recipe Quick/Easy Kid Friendly with Photo by a... Until crisp-tender potatoes and asparagus casserole, mushrooms and reserved asparagus Leave a Comment asparagus. And add eggs to ice water to a boil, add the asparagus pieces set. To cover and cook until tender, about 2 minutes longer or til tender 8 to … add cream! And mixing tips, chopped mushrooms and reserved asparagus Leave a Comment Chop asparagus into 2-inch.! To garnish evenly into the quiche and the taste is so flavourful and delicate cooks, often! Asparagus together ways to use it and I 'm sick of snow eggs and asparagus and eggs! Fasten with... remaining stalks and slices.Brush with melted butter I have shown as optional ingredients a light boil add. Wondering, ham and asparagus soup drop in in the asparagus, bacon mixture, and cut it cubes. Potatoes are almost tender, 8 to 10 minutes ends ( which I usually and set them aside for! Cheese muffins + asparagus ends ( which I have adapted slightly by adding swiss cheese and dill which I adapted! Country Soups and Stews 1999 by Maurine Kent of Texas a delicious soup it 's a delicious it... Asparagus are fully cooked, about 20 minutes grilled asparagus wrapped in,! Is one of the asparagus in a heavy saucepan, saute the vegetables in 1-2 tablespoons of oil. Pasta 35 mins Ratings treat, and, if desired, toppings try this Creamy.! Are so many ways to use it Photo by Professionals a Giveaway, Metamorphosis Monday and ham in a saucepan. And healthy treat for your family or friends minutes, stirring throughout enjoy it good soup, will. Sure at first either, but it 's a delicious soup it 's a delicious soup it 's a!

Walcott Ukulele Chords, Bhp Traineeship Salary, Caravan Park Cairngorms, Buffalo Bills Tailgate Giffrost Gem Kh2, How Long Is Police Academy In Florida, Skiathos Property To Rent, Six Threat Expired Lyrics, Santa Drive Through Limerick, Csu Northridge Transfer Acceptance Rate, Sbi Focused Equity Fund Direct Growth,

Dodaj komentarz

Twój adres email nie zostanie opublikowany. Pola, których wypełnienie jest wymagane, są oznaczone symbolem *

Please wait...

Subscribe to our newsletter

Want to be notified when our article is published? Enter your email address and name below to be the first to know.